Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - advice on hotels in Silom, please
View Single Post
Old 8th November 2009, 02:30 AM
glennaa11
Cruiser

I wouldn't say the rooms at Meridien are necessarily "spectacular". The cheapest rooms are somewhat smallish. Everything is nicely designed. Large shower with rainshower head and a separate tub. The phone system is a whoopdidoo network attached system that seems totally like overkill to me. The wireless internet is an extra charge unless you are Starwood Platinum. Cost is 650 baht for 24 hours.

How is the Glitz? Seems like a good location.

I think where you choose to stay may depend on your budget. I stayed at Tarntawan for my first visit. I thought it was OK. The breakfast seems rather meager. Or at least it was at the time. If they have renovated things it would be better than that trip 4 years ago. I remember the bed was hard as a rock.

I am presently staying at the Siri Sathorn which is a serviced apartment/condotel type place run by the same company as the Sukhothai Hotel. There are several of these types of places near one another. It is on Saladaeng Soi 1. About 20 minutes walk to Soi Twilight. 10 minutes max to BTS/MRT. The Bandara Suites across the street is also supposed to be very nice and I think it is a good bit cheaper. If you don't need a lot of amenities this is the type of place I prefer. You still get a free breakfast buffet. There is a token operated laundry downstairs as well if you will be here a while and want to wash your own clothes. Rooms are big. LCD TV, DVD, etc. The room I am in now has a large glass door shower with a rain showerhead and a tub. Also includes a kitchen with refrigerator, microwave, cooker, toaster, and all sorts of dishes, pots and pans. Free wireless.
Quote |