Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Are ABS The New Dinosaurs?
View Single Post
Old 13th November 2009, 11:30 PM
Grumpybear
Cruiser

Quoting CapitalUncut: "That also means there is no motivation to really get off their asses to patronize, much less defend, such places (or, as we have seen in the last few election cycles, anything else that doesn't have a direct and personal bearing on their immediate gratification)."

You have summed up one of the main problems facing the gay brotherhood, and society in general, today. There is little sense of a common goal. It has all degenerated to immediate "me" gratification. I was shocked that Maine overturned the provision to allow same sex marriages. I spent the first 35 years of my life growing up there. I thought the Maine knack of "live and let live" would defeat the attempt to rollback the law. However, friends tell me that a lot of former "out-of-staters" swung the vote, and the heavy influence of national groups stamping out the same sex marriage right everywhere in the country. As in California, many of the younger gays did not feel concerned about the marriage right because they are not ready to settle down, IMO. Let them wait a few years and see how they feel when their significant other is laying in the hospital and they have no right to overrule the wishes of anti-gay parents who feel death will be God's punishment for "our son's wicked life-style". Then they will realize without that right of marriage, they are regarded by parents as nothing but a temporary guest in their son's life. AND IT WILL BE TOO FUCKING LATE!
Quote |