Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - How about Bangkok now?
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2010, 11:07 PM
sextile
Cruiser

-- Naras Thiwat. rd. is the dividing line between Cent'l. BKK. wch. has appears to have thrown-in the towel and that part of BKK. wch. is trying to carry-on living more or less normally with 'buses. & other public tpt. running, shops etc. OPEN for business and so on and so forth.

-- Y'day.,(15th.), evening tee rak & I walked through soi Naras Thiwat 1., (aka. Soi Anuman.), in wch. only SOLID BAR was CLOSED,as were COCA & MANGO-TREE REST'TS..

--Later on we supped in a small Thai-It. rest't. not far from the HOLIDAY INN - SILOM.
- Walking along Si Lom rd. we were stopped by the mil'y. by Si Lom 4., wch. was as silent as the grave, and told not to proceed any farther.
-- We concluded by walking through Soi Twilight - off Suriwong rd. - just after 22.oo.hrs.: BALLS' BAR & DICK'S. CAFE. and MAXI'S BAR OPEN, as were FRESH BEACH BOYS and HOTMALE, also BANANA BAR.
- Looking-at the few patrons in both DICK'S. & MAXI'S left me with the impression of some pale-faced farangs about to confront their last few hours on Earth - staring gloomily into their drinks' glasses.
- I might have thought that the unemployed bar-boyz might have been clustering in the gen'l. area of the nearby K'KORN. BANK and seeking clients - but not so.

-- Today, (16th.), forenoon the mil'y. & police had set-up a small road-block on Suriwong rd., by tnn. Thaniya, and were turning-back taxis. and other seemingly non-essential vehs..
- No rd. tfc. seen along Rama IV rd..
- From the red shirts' encampment just the usual background oratory heard.
- Walking along Rama IV. rd. we were stopped - as we were y'day. - by a police piquet; yet three men, wearing black vests with 'TV.' written on them in white, were allowed to proceed towards MRT. Lumpini.

-- Looking-in at the DUSIT THANI HTL. - rated *****., I believe - I saw uncollected & discarded 'papers., styrofoam cups & containers and other debris.
- Along Si Lom rd. piles of uncollected garbage accumulating; surely possible for the BMA. to organise cleaning & collections during the hrs. of daylight?
- Just the small 7/11s. & FAMILY MARTs OPEN , as was DELIFRANCE in UNITED CNTR.. A v. few poor but honest street traders & their hand-carts seen.
- As I type this - 161215hrs., (BKK. time.), it's started to rain - possibly good news, if only for some?
Quote |