Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - How about Bangkok now?
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2010, 08:07 PM
Keith
Former Cruisemaster
(Deceased 2012)

I note that on April 12 someone posted within this thread this, "My Thai contacts in BKK are confident that the demos are running out of steam (and probably money.)" So much for predicting a revolution!

I'm sure our friends in Bangkok can offer very informed opinion, but for this worldly traveler (and I've been around!), I would NOT venture to Thailand right now unless it was essential for work or family. Certainly not to have fun! Instead, rent "The Year of Living Dangerously" and see for yourself what a revolution looks like in an Asian country.

For starters, the locals don't need to have to tend to the needs of outsiders right now. It appears that the stability of the nation is at risk. The Thai are so welcoming and I assume they'd be that way even now, but one doesn't always want to take advantage of hospitality just because custom dictates it.

I also have heard numerous comments from media and others that it would soon be over, the government will put it down, etc. Civil unrest just doesn't get turned off like a faucet. And to put this down will likely require far more bloodshed before it is over. And even when it is put down, what will be left could be a repressive regime doing all sorts of things to locals. Not exactly an atmosphere to enjoy yourself.

Let these people figure out how they want to be governed and then you can visit and share your hard earned money when they, too, can enjoy your company. It isn't safe, there are curfews in place, often sex joints come under greater scrutiny when the military gets worked up, and what if it really gets out of hand and you have to leave? Can you afford the cost of emergency evacuation?

Just my thoughts.

Keith
Quote |