Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - How about Bangkok now?
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2010, 12:57 AM
sextile
Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by wantasian View Post
Absolutely amazing that Central World shopping mall is now destroyed. Didn't they have sprinklers?
... .

-- CFS. - catholic though it may well be - is scarcely the place for a disertation on Fire-fighting precautions for public bldgs..
- The above having been written most modern & public bldgs. are built to quite stringent & published Codes: Earth-quake, Fire and so on.
- However, and from memory, the Code of Practice for Fire Precautions does not concern itself too much as to whether it's for an hawng nahm, (where there's usually little of a flammable nature.), or it's tins of food or flammable & fashionable goods that are placed beneath the sprinklers. The Code specifies a volume of somany cu. ft. for each sprinkler and the builders install the pipework and nozzles accordingly and in nice straight runs of piping; take a look the next time you'll be in a Dept. Store or similar. Many public bldgs. have an automatic alarm to the nearest Fire-bde. station, too.
- Also to be considered is the source of water and for how long it'll last?
- Looking-at the one example of the BKK. Fire brigade and its problems with its eqpt. that I saw made me wonder how often such systems are tested? Infrequently, I'd guess.
- It wouldn't be too difficult for a skilled arsonist to o'whelm. the IN-house sprinkler system - if only by turning it OFF in the Machinery Room or similar loc'n.!
-- End of sermon! --
Quote |