Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - How about Bangkok now?
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2010, 04:52 AM
sextile
Cruiser

- Today, (20th.), a'noon. tee-rak & I walked-along Rama IV. rd ..
- In the area by the KRVI. statue a large work-force was busy cleaning-up: sweepers sweeping-up the debris: water-trucks hosing-down the pavings and plenty of others neating-up in their wake.
- We walked along to MRT. Klong Thoei stn. & noted the damage caused, (mostly to banks and to 7/11. stores - out of sheer bl**dy-mindedness, I'd suggest.), and the progress in cleaning-up being made. At the start of Soi Ngam Duplee, (where I had stood in red shirts' territory behind a barrier of tyres a few days earlier.), workers were puting-up plyboard sheets around the ransacked CIMB. branch; across on the other corner the K'KORN. BANK had been gutted completely - looking-at the three blackened ATM. & other machines I wondered just how fire-proof the safes are? Farther along, in the area of BON GAI, electricity board workers were hard at work in restoring power to that area; we stopped & purchased some bottled drinks, the good lady who served us apologised that they weren't cold, (but didn't offer us a discount for that.),. Generally along the length of Rama IV. rd. workers & mech. eqpt. were hard at work: 'dozers. picking-up tyres and rubbish and putting them into lorries, of wch. there must have been a score or so in that area, others manually sweeping & cleaning-up.
- About 100yds. into Wireless rd. the mil'y. stopped us: 'Dangerous.' was their reply to my question.
- We walked-back and turned into R'damri. rd. where again we were stopped after about 100yds..
- While there I chatted with an Aussie. who's been in business in the Kingdom for some 15yrs.. He said that y'day.,(19th.), he was o'side. CENTRALWORLD at around 14.oo.hrs., a time when there were only a couple of v. small fires. He said: 'You & I could have put them out by peeing on them.'; he shewed me some photos. that he'd taken at that time; indeed the fires were small.

- Walking-back along Si Lom rd. I stopped to look-at some APCs.. On the roof of one of them a soldier was banging-away industriously with an Hammers, ball-pein. I tapped the sides of one of them and was surprised to hear an hollow sound as of tapping on plyboard - and so it proved: the glassis-plate, sides and rear either side of the door were plyboard sheets on TOP of the armor; reminded me of the time when reportedly sometime prior to the 1939-'45. war during the wehrmacht's annual manoeuvres
some British civilian alleged that his car bumped into one of the German tanks wch. fell to pieces - being constricted of plyboard on top of some motorised chassis! On the back doors were pink triangles; the last time that that symbol was seen was some 65yrs. ago - but in v. different circumstances!
Quote |