Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - How about Bangkok now?
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2010, 12:03 AM
sextile
Cruiser

-- Today, (22nd.], forenoon tee rak & I walked to the R'PRASONG. I'sect. by way of Sarsin rd., Soi Lang Suan and S'vit. rd..
- Sofar no attempts have been made to start cleaning-up S'vit. rd.. At the isect. Soi Lang Suan & S'vit rd. were the burnt-out remains of 2x1O wheeled & red shirts' lorries..
- The I'CONN. HTL. had its staff busy washing-down the forecourt.

-- BMA. pers. & eqpt. hard at work along R'damri. rd. towards Pratunam, Rama I. rd. towards MBK. & R'damri. rd. back & twds. BTS. R'damri., (S1.],.
- Slight whisps of smoke still arising-out of the hole in the ground between ZEN TWR. & the rest of C'WORLD. - a fire-bde's. sprayer was keeping that area cool, (I was pleased to see a water-pressure of 55PSI.],.
- We walked-along the Rama I rd's. facade and noted that the fire-damage extended to just short of the large & slightly curved skywalk that connects C'WORLD. to the SkyWalk 'neath. the BTS.. We noted that most of the arson attacks - apart from ZEN - were on the other side of Rama I rd.: SIAM CINEMA & its surrounding block of shops, (Blk. 'H.'], were burnt-out completely: (SIAM SQ. between sois4. & 5. and back to soi7.]; the two blocks of shops between the SIAM CINEMA and Henri Dunant rd. suffered damage only to the shops fronting Rama I rd.. A bit farther along Rama I rd. the LIDO CINEMA was completely undamaged.
- SIAM P'GON. had its staff busy washing-down its windows and surrounding area.
- A couple of times we were stopped by the mil'y., (many of whom I noted as being of the older & MORE grizzled variety of soldiers.], and tee-rak was asked to shew his ID., whereas I was not; obviously the soldiers recognised me as being English and from a country where one is not req'd. to carry any type of state ID..

-- We walked as far as MBK. and then turned-in to SIAM SQ., where we saw the fire-damage as noted above.

-- Back on R'damri. rd. we saw that the ent'ce. to the fire-damamged ZEN. area had been barricaded CLOSED to all but those on necessary duties there - much to the loudly expressed annoyance of some media types.
- I noticed some police-officer pick-up what looked like a short & wooden club and replace it. I picked it up, saw that it was a pestle, and noting its suggestive size & shape waved it at tee-rak, much to the amusement of some of the brutal & licentious soldiery sitting near-by: ROTFWL. -
- The BMA. pers. were making good in-roads into the mess left behind by the departed red shirts.

-- We walked through the mil'y. check-point at the R'damri./Sarsin rds'. i'sect. and back to the DUSIT THANI I'sect. with no hindrance. We noted the numbers of self-employed persons who were busy collected plastic bottles, cans and other such useful objects for re-cycling. Along that stretch of the rd. most of the tentage had been taken-down so as to facilitate later clean-up.

-- Along Si Lom rd. MC.CAFE was OPEN, as were APSARA MASSAGE PARLOR, BOOTS, (by BTS. Sala Daeng, [S2.],], and O'REILLY'S IRISH HSE.. SILOM MASSAGE & NOODI had OPENED their street-doors for airing purposes.
Quote |