Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Getting to Bangkapi
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2010, 08:32 PM
sextile
Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillthrobbing View Post
For a visitor with only a few days and without a car, what's the easiest way of exploring the saunas (Door, Gaysorn, Farose II, Muffill) and other spots in the Bangkapi-Ramkhanhaeng area?
I suppose taking a taxi from Silom would work, but would it be hard to find one to take back?

-- You should remember that unlike LONDON, for example, here in BKK. taxi-drivers plying for hire do not feel themselves obliged to pick-up every person who hails them - if a driver thinks that there'll little chance of a return fare then the hailer might well find him/herself OUT of luck!
- For me taxis. are often the tpt. of last resort.

- For going OUT to BANG KAPI I'd recommend:
1.- buying a good map of BKK.* & a reliable 'bus. map**, too;
2.- Doing one's homework to see where one's places of interest are located;
3.1.- Availing of the khlong ferry from PRATUNAM LANDING, (fare to THE MALL-BK. 18.Bh., & journey time of approx. 35mins.),. But NB. the time of the last return ferry is around 18.30.hrs. - but that should be verified: E&OE.!
3.2.- Should one stay there later than the last & return ferry then are several 'busus. that'll take one back to MRT. LAD PHRAO.

-* BKK. City Atlas. - 5th. edn. - ISBN.: 9-789749-440780 - 250.bh.;
-** BKK. 'bus. map. - E5. - ISBN.:9-789745-250451. - 69.Bh..

-- I submit the flg. with many, many caveats as it's little better than allegations of rumors of reported speech: but it's said that many taxi-drivers would prefer many & shorter trips within their own areas, especially Cent'l. BKK., than fewer & longer journeys towards the suburbs. Why? They can make MORE money that way - especially as I've heard it whispered that neither the driver nor the vehicle's owner get to share all that the driver makes!
Quote |