Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Getting to Bangkapi
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2010, 11:33 PM
wantasian
Cruiser

I never had a problem getting a taxi from outside Pinnacle Hotel to go to Farose 2 or The Beach (or return trip). The drivers seem very happy to go there. But to go to Farose2 or The Beach, I usually have to explain where to go. I bring directions (printed off the internet). It's funny how all the drivers make a big scene about having to put on their reading glasses, etc. Some have played stupid--but I was able to explain where to go. One taxi driver was intoxicated (I had to hop out soon after he turned onto Rama IV, and I had asked him to stop so I could explain but he didn't understand anything). I've only had a very few times ever in Bangkok where a taxi has said "no I can't go there." I've never had anyone negotiate about the meter to go to Farose2, etc.--they always turn it on (they've always said "oh, yes, of course"--it was never an issue to begin with). It seems that the only taxi drivers I've encountered in Bangkok who don't want to put on the meter are ones around Silom late at night (but it's usually not a problem even there). Also, if you start to walk away, often they'll back down or try to negotiate.

From Pinnacle, around 100 baht each way to Farose 2 (nighttime). I had a taxi driver play stupid and run up about 10 or 20 extra baht going to The Beach. Even though I was telling him where to go, he insisted on stopping and asking for directions (we were almost there and I was just not sure which street to turn down--but after checking out one, I was sure it was the next street).

I've usually found that Bangkok taxi drivers are over-abundant, and they're hungry for customers. They'll line up and sit a long time waiting.
Quote |