Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Saphan Kwai Bars?
View Single Post
Old 2nd August 2010, 12:22 AM
NYNakedTop
Cruiser

My first report back (as promised)!

I went in search of the BE HIGH Bar this past Friday evening. Had no problem finding it at all... good signage and an interesting walk from the Saphan Kwai skytrain station. A wonderful part of Bangkok there, feels more Thai than the area I live in, and one that I will visit more often from hereon.

As for the BE HIGH itself: looks like a finished basement in someone's home, and that is part of its charm. Seems like the beer (140B) is kept chilled in a household-style refrigerator which is opened when one is ordered. There is absolutely no pressure while inside, which is exactly what I was looking for. (I did notice that it took me a short time to get rid of some of my usual Silom/Surawong defenses though, hehe. There were about 8-10 boys of various types, none overwhelmingly hot to me, but all friendly in demeanor. Two at a home ascend to a "stage" and kind of just stand there. And stare into nothingness. For what felt like an eternity. There were rather few customers, ever. But I liked the lack of polish of the place.

Being too tired on Friday night, I returned the next night (as promised) to visit with the young gentleman who sat with me on my first visit. Claims to be from Nong Khai and says he has only worked there for 3 days (oh, don't they all). I "off'd" him (300B) and we went out for some drinks and karaoke, something I really enjoy doing. Then the story crashes: he quickly drank himself into a state of incoherence leaving me with only one thing on my mind: an exit strategy. So passing him 200B I found the nearest taxi and made it home safe and unsatisfied.

It is highly unlikely that I will ever BE HIGH again.
Quote |