Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - How about Bangkok now?
View Single Post
Old 22nd September 2010, 11:08 AM
sloot
Cruiser

Soi Twilight Dream Boys

Today, 22 September is the Mid-Autumn Festival in China. The country has 3 days' holidays, 22nd to 24th. Saw 4 Chinese guys from Beijing, all quite dishy in their late 20s/early 30s, check into hotel last night; I guess many more in town.

Dream Boys tonight was full. Easily 120 customers, no more than 10-15 farang, the rest Asian, most of whom seemed to enjoy the show, going by the smiles from their faces and laughter at appropriate points. The show is unchanged from more than a year ago, but if the bar is getting a whole new set of customers from China that is making their first trip to Bangkok, then it works fine, it being still new to this audience.

First drink 300 baht, subsequent drink (and boys' drinks) 260 baht. Off fee 500 baht. What we think of the bar's prices is almost irrelevant when the bar can put bums on seats as well as it does. So there's really no point debating this.

And the boys there look generally attractive. I might well consider offing half of them. Can't say they've got the formula wrong, though the offing rate could have been better.

The only thing I don't understand is why they keep two bars but only open one. On any night for the last year or so, either Dream Boys is open or Boys Bangkok, but not both. Paying twice the rent doesn't seem sensible to me, unless they already own the premises. Even then, surely Boys Bangkok's space can be put to better use, like a chill-out cafe?
Quote |