Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - NY Gubernatorial canidate bashes gays
View Single Post
Old 11th October 2010, 08:54 AM
Grumpybear
Cruiser

Additional remarks

Paladino appeared on ABC's GOOD MORNING AMERICA and on NBC's TODAY shows to defend his remarks on Sunday. He claimed that the comment about "nothing to be proud of in being a dysfunctional homosexual" was cut from his speech before he gave it, but synagogue members could not be contacted. He went on to state that he does not discriminate against gays in his personal or business life, and would consider hiring a gay in his administration. He even admitted he had a gay nephew and understood the discrimination his nephew faces.

He continued his objection to Gay Pride Parades with a description of marchers wearing "Speedos and grinding against each other." He also objected to children being exposed in anyway to gays or gay culture.

The most startling comment IMO was "I wanted to clearly distinguish that my feelings about homosexuality were no different than those of the Catholic Church. I'm a Catholic. ... I wanted to make it clear what my position was and I think I clearly defined it," Evidently, demonstrating that he will place the Vatican over the US Constitution.
Quote |