Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Oral sex and A.I.D.S.
View Single Post
Old 16th December 2010, 10:57 PM
KewlDewd66
Cruiser

A Matter of Habit

The Grumpybear did a great job here. The present stand of scientific knowledge on this matter recommends that we should use condom when enjoying oral sex. "Nuf said."

I fully understand the guys, especially the cocksuckers who dislike the taste of rubber in their mouths, the lack of skin contact, etc. I can also feel for a dude who is getting his dick sucked and who feels deprived of his pleasure if he has to wear a condom. None of this is really rocket science.

Yet, much of it is really a matter of personal habit. I spent much of my youth during the initial stages of the HIV/AIDS scare. No meds and no hope.

What most likely saved my life was the fact that a granduncle, who was a very big name in medicine in his time and day, and an absolutely great guy to talk to, told me to use the condoms since there was an upsurge of a nasty kind of hepatitis. I had trusted him on that one and started using condoms even before it became widely known that condoms offered efficient protection against AIDS. Basically, I had formed a good, life-saving habit, and rode through the Armageddon unschated.

His reasons however, are still pretty much valid. Whereas the likelihood of seroconversion due to unprotected oral sex MAY remain lower than the likelihood of the seroconversion with unprotected anal or vaginal sex, a GREAT MANY other BUGS can be caught if and when enjoying the unprotected oral sex. This is an argument good enough for me to compel me to stick with my rubbers.

We are after all, the creatures of habit. Once you get used to having oral sex with rubber, you simply get used to it. This ain't the end of the world, and it may save you a lot of trouble and expense down the road. To a degree, everything in life is kind of compromise. You give some and you take some. Oral sex ain't any different either.

KD
Quote |