Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Another scam artist on Gayromeo
View Single Post
Old 4th January 2011, 04:27 PM
wantasian
Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by icon513 View Post
Personally, I think you blew it.

The kid probably WAS from a rich family. He probably always had everything he wanted and needed, and therefore the cost of a restaurant probably never crossed his mind.

You should have simply said that the place he suggested was a bit expensive for your budget and suggested another.

Sounds like you missed out on a rare opportunity to form a relationship with a well-educated, well-off Thai guy.
Posted via Mobile Device
Around 1995-1996, I had a Thai boyfriend for 5 months here in the U.S. (MBA student) who was from a rich Chiang Mai Chinese family. He needed a lot of emotional attention. One time he borrowed some money, and made some odd comment when I asked for repayment (he did pay it back). He had his own car and apartment here.

I then had extreme stress and overwork due to a crisis in my job (an emergency requiring a lot of work) and told him that I was having big work problems and could not give him the attention he wanted, and it was okay for him to see someone else if he wanted. He immdiately met another (older) farang, and proceeded to use this guy to no end. (By this time, he got his MBA and had no further reason to get money from his parents.) They eventually moved back to Bangkok together (the farang quit everything here and sold everything) and I think the Thai guy drained the American financially.

I don't think a rich Thai can necessarily simply go to his family and get money. This Chiang Mai guy told me that if he relied on his family and moved back to Bangkok, his brother (who would be a student) would have to live with him, and he didn't want that. I could also hear him on the phone with his mother, and she would make these squealing sounds when he asked for any money to be wired.

Don't assume that these people are getting money from their families. Also, there might be conditions, and they don't want to have to explain things to their families.