Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Empty Chat Room?
View Single Post
Old 19th February 2011, 01:41 PM
Keith
Former Cruisemaster
(Deceased 2012)

Interesting, pike, that I've lived long enough to read someone refer to message boards as 'old fashioned'! My assumption is that like just about everything in our lives, things come in and out of style all the time. We stay relevant by providing unique Sex Listings information, but I know that we're not often on the radar for much of the younger generation (the crowd you've noticed sticking around in other venues). CFS is simply not 'trendy' these days. But that, too, can change!

This development isn't so much a failure on our part as it is an acknowledgement of this reality: younger gay guys are actually intimidated by the cruising culture. They tend to express that by putting it down, not admitting the truth: they're scared of the unknown. Guys usually come to cruising AFTER they've at least reached their late 20's if not later. Thus it is safe to say we'll end up 'getting them' but it will come AFTER DList, etc.

When we recently made some design improvements, I almost removed the chat option entirely. Still may remove it. But then again, I know for some men it is important, but as others have acknowledged, it isn't popular here and, honestly, it never has been.
Quote |