Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Oral Sex and Oral Cancer
View Single Post
Old 22nd February 2011, 12:50 AM
wantasian
Cruiser

I think this it total b.s. Maybe there was a 225-per cent increase in oral cancer cases in the United States from 1974 to 2007, mainly among white men because people are living longer, or dying less from other things--or any of many other factors. It could be more people doing chewing tobacco, who also happen to do oral sex. I suspect the tobacco industry funded this study to deflect attention away from dangerous oral products.

Notice that the article LATER limits this to HPV-related head or neck cancer (but being vague and never giving any numbers): "Previous studies have suggested that people who have performed oral sex on six or more partners over a lifetime face an eight-fold higher risk of acquiring HPV-related head or neck cancer than those with fewer than six partners . . . ."

Also, I suspect they included a lot of AIDS-infected people (who I suspect are a lot more likely to get cancer).

In this goofy country, don't be surprised if this study was also influenced by Religious elements who think that oral sex is wrong.
Quote |