Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - BKK floods...
Thread: BKK floods...
View Single Post
Old 21st October 2011, 10:40 PM
Xfun
Cruiser

There is a lot more to come before all the water from the North has gone into the sea, there are predictions this morning that it will take a further 4 to 6 weeks and the comment from gregvc above about king tides also connects. Take a look at thaivisa.com/forum and go the the Thailand News threads. Earlier there were lots of predictions that most of Bkk would be safe, this has proven very very wrong and I suggest it's a little dangerous to assume that Silom etc., will be OK. Silom is only about 2.0 - 2.5 kilometres from San Saeb canal which connects directly to the Chao Phya river which is bursting it's banks. My guess is that Silom, Suriwongse and that area are in fact a little lower than San Saeb canal. Whether the 'workers' in this area can get to work or have gone home to help families in the provinces is also an open question. I have a work colleague who owns a condo about 4 kilometres from swampy airport, late yesterday afternoon (Fri 21 Oct) the police ordered everybody in her condo and all the people within about 30 kilometre radius to evacuate their homes etc. Swampy sits within a protecting wall, the water is already at the standard wall height and is now only contained by sandbags / temporary earth banks, etc. Many supermarkets / minimarts are progressively being cleaned out, all over the parts of Thailand incl Bkk affected by the floods. There is obviously no resupply whatever and it will take days to start resupply once factories etc., are able to resume production and gain supplies of raw materials.
Quote |