Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - What “martial law” in Thailand really means — censorship
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2014, 09:06 AM
buzzard
Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggles69 View Post
I never noticed any change to gay expression under previous military regimes. In fact restricted opening hours of bars and clubs, alcohol sale limitations and enforcement of 20 age minimum for discos etc all happened under the Taksin / Chalerm regime.
I also noticed more such restrictions during the Thaksin era, particularly when Purachai, that notorious "moral crusader" was given powers of authority by Square Face. With this latest coup, I'm more worried about the censorship of the media.

Meanwhile, this curfew will kill the bar scene for the time being. I know several guys who work in the Silom & Suriwong area and they've already been crying the blues this year because business has been so bad. And now this. Urrggghhhh!! I doubt the gay bars will even try to open this week. In that case, I'll be expecting phone calls from my regulars.