Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Database Problems March 24-25 And Restore
View Single Post
Old 26th March 2015, 10:07 AM
infopop
Bob S: Administrator / Manager / Editor

Here is another update for you. Last night the techs at our hosting company were able to locate the server that was taken offline. This morning I worked with it and, with a few glitches here and here, was able to retrieve a copy of the backup for the database that controls the Member Profiles, Message Board, Cruiser Gallery, and other items. This has information up to the morning of March 24.

Later today I will be working very carefully on a selective update and restore for the missing information. Your posts up to March 24 should reappear. Most importantly, the members who had requested deletion recently should once again be deleted. I hope you all can be patient while I work with this.

I have to commend the techs at our hosting company who have been especially responsive and worked with me closely, not only on this issue but also on our entire server migration project since last summer. There have been problems and occasional glitches -- this one was caused by one line in one file that no one ever anticipated -- but they have performed exceptionally well. I'm not naming them here but if anyone is looking for hosting for a site with adult content I can give you their information and recommend them highly.

For myself, I've been working with various aspects of IT since the 1980s, with the Internet since the mid-1990s, and with CFS as Keith's consultant since 2000. Although I had some similar episodes of troubleshooting and problem-solving with my 1990s employers, I have to say that this has been the biggest challenge for me with CFS except for the temporary relocation of the site because of Hurricane Katrina when it used to be hosted near New Orleans.

Thanks again for your patience and support. I will keep you updated.

Bob
Quote |