Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Database Problems March 24-25 And Restore
View Single Post
Old 28th March 2015, 03:37 PM
infopop
Bob S: Administrator / Manager / Editor

Here is an update for you. The sites have been up and running all day long although there has been occasional slowness or connection errors. Nearly all of today I have spent changing not only the database configuration but also the formats of certain data tables that were "locking" causing you to have excessive wait times for pages to load.

Although I've continued to make small changes intended to speed things up, the sites have been up since this morning and the Message Board now running faster. I have also in the last hour composed and started sending the Email Newsletter which was delayed from Thursday.

My intention is to keep you informed so that you know I am working through problems, keeping an eye on the status of the server and sites, and addressing the key things that have made the sites either inaccessible or (for some of them) coming up with no data other than basic page formatting and error messages. The newsletter mailing today is part of that effort to keep you informed.

Unfortunately, the time required to do all these things was greater than I expected. That means I have not yet restored the missing Message Board discussion threads and postings. Assuming things go well overnight I will tackle that Sunday morning. As I mentioned before, this in Texas (Central Daylight Time) for those of you reading from Thailand (the most active forum) or other places around the world.

Your loyalty is important to me personally and to the future of these web sites. That's why I'm taking the time to explain what's happening in this amount of detail. As always, I appreciate your patience so much. If needed, you can reach me by emailing the address in my profile or replying here.

Bob
Quote |