Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Bangkok Bars 2014
View Single Post
Old 23rd June 2015, 08:56 AM
buzzard
Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by icon513 View Post
Long dead and buried as far as many expats are concerned (including myself). Killed by the internet, cell phones, and Chinese tour groups. Have not set foot in any of those places in years, and doubt I ever will. Maybe good for a one-time visit by a tourist to see a show ("maybe") and that's it.
Long dead? I think not, at least not just yet. Sure, there are more options for hooking up in this digital age, but personally I still prefer the thrill of "shopping" when looking for a guy. I'd compare to going into a bookshop versus ordering something online or downloading it. When I'm in the actual store, I see things, and experience things, that I wouldn't online. What's that over there in the corner? Hmm ... I love going to go-go bars and seeing what's on offer. Granted, the pickings are slim nowadays, and of course that's mostly a result of the other options available, but if I have a choice I'd still rather go to a bar fun of hot bodies than surf the net or use some phone app. It's just a different experience. I could care less about seeing sex shows, but I do want to see a good lineup of sexy young guys showing some flesh.

Another factor in the decline of the bars is the greed of the Thai bar owners (absurdly high drink prices and off fees) and the fact that a Thai guy can get as much or more business by going online instead of reporting to work each night. But as long as there are still a few half-decent go-go bars in business, I'll still keep visiting.
Quote |