Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - How young is too young to come out?
View Single Post
Old 16th August 2015, 12:45 PM
KewlDewd66
Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonn3 View Post
Although I never had the luck you do hear tales of the star of the football team that had a sex buddy or some such set up. When I was a kid it would have been "guilt by association" - you did not hang out with the gay guys, or the druggies, etc and if you did other kids and parents would assume you were involved as well. The only group you could hang out with and not be part of were the jocks - but that is because it was assumed that "everyone wants to be a jock".

With my buddies I fooled around with there was no talk of romance or love - we kept it on a physical level - it was a need -we never wanted to address the fact it was also a desire.
I am also wondering about the tales or urban legends of a star athlete having a FB who happens to be your usual HS kid - neither a real jock nor a real geek nor a real nerd, but more like a mix of them all.

IMHE, the jock dudes usually kept to ourselves. You were other the team member of you were not. The admirers were usually viewed favorably, but the behind the locked doors action was usually between the two jocks who belonged to their own coterie.

Yup. I agree, only one dude, I knew admitted it was a desire, too. To me, the element of desire was simply too obvious, and it may have been obvious to the others, too. But talking about it, was just not in the cards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonn3 View Post
Things have changed dramatically. When I was a kid you would have avoided they gay kid. Now there would be pressure NOT to ostracize someone just because he is gay.

However as KewlDewd stated previously - I don't understand why it is anyone business.

And some of these kids "coming out" on youtube or the like - some of them have not even hit puberty or have never had sex. And for them to be publicly stating they are gay - that is putting a life label on them way to young.

There were lots of guys that fooled around with other guys in their teens that eventually moved on to women - got married - had children - and many of them are very happy straight men - despite their youthful playing around.

It seems like today there is almost to much pressure to "accept who you are" and not accept that these are still kids trying to figure out who they are and maybe they are just trying different things as they work on learning who and what they will be as adults.
I also believe that a big majority of the dudes we used to mess around with chose to live st8 lives. There is no way for anyone to know if some of them chose to have other relationships on the side. At least a couple of my now married-with-kids apparently str8 guys jumped on the opportunity to have sex with me again, away from their families at your typical convention hotels. Again, this was invariably one of those, one-thing-led-to-another, and for the sake of good ole' times thing. We never spoke about it. But we did joke about the old times, and the dudes we used to know, and the things that were going on behind the locked doors.

KD
Quote |