Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Sex in Athens, Greece
View Single Post
Old 2nd October 2015, 06:36 AM
KewlDewd66
Cruiser

Yup. Older members of my family openly spoke about an uncle, and couple of family friends who were gay. They used the wording, 'They were into other men.'

The men in the family never really gave any negative comment about it, though the women openly expressed their disapproval behind their backs. But the very same women in the family also very much disapproved of divorce, until a few of them got divorced themselves, and stopped badmouthing it.

Yet, the general attitude was that sexuality was a private thing for every adult to decide about. None of my 'ole folks' ever envisioned the world in which you could live your life openly as a gay person. History proved them wrong.

Even so, I never experienced ostracism of anyone among the family or friends who was gay. In particular, successful people were openly admired regardless of their sexual orientation. A guy was either contributing to their wealth and social networking abilities or he was not. That mattered. His sexual life - not really.

KD
Quote |