Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Glory Hole Alert
View Single Post
Old 5th October 2015, 02:13 PM
infopop
Bob S: Administrator / Manager / Editor

GringoBi - You absolutely can submit reviews and listings for new places. Please do submit more places! However, keep in mind that the Sex Listings are generally about reviews of a place that is already listed or letting more people know that a place exists if it isn't listed already.

The "tldr;" version of the following is "The Sex Listings are about reviews of places, The Message Board and/or The Personals are about travel plans and hookups."

A personal note, I noticed that you, GringoBi, are a longtime member. The oldest user join date is from 1999, the year before I started working with Keith in 2000. 1n 1999 he used an entirely different message board system that I later replaced after creating the initial version of the Sex Listings for him, also later replaced. Thanks for being here and for asking your question!

The Sex Listings aren't really for making announcements that anyone plans to be in a place nor to set up a meeting. Often when I'm going through the queue of submissions to publish, I see things like "I am here now" or "I'll be here Friday" or whatever, and I have to delete those. Usually that time has passed, since there's a delay in me handling all the submissions.

Also, both Keith before me and I had a policy that the Listings pages were for places, what they were, where they were, what people thought about them, what happened there, what was your experience, and so on. If people write in detail that's even better.

He and now I encourage people to use either this Message Board or the Personals instead for travel plans or hookups at an existing place. And obviously, the Message Board is the place where you can comment or discuss things and post it immediately, although sometimes when the moderators or I review postings we have to remove contact information or similar things.

Likewise, the Personals lets both CFS Members and non-members post their ads, travel plans, etc., immediately without waiting for me to edit them first. The Personals also allow people to publish their contact information although we encourage them to use common sense.

The Personals are actually the current version of the "Communal Stall" site that Keith established in the late 1990s at www.communalstall.com. I plan to rebrand it as "personals.cruisingforsex.com" to make it easier to integrate with the other parts of the site - especially with the Sex Listings - so that anonymous users and people who do not register with CFS can still make their hook-ups for specific places and announcements, too.

FYI, people who are not registered or not logged in are limited to having their ads expire in no more than 10 days. Logged-in CFS members had a slightly longer expiration period to choose from in the drop-down box for the number of days.

I just made a change in the Personals ad submission form so that logged-in CFS Member you now can choose expiration periods of up to 90 days.

For anyone who is curious:

In the future I plan to change the Sex Listings page programming for places to that it displays more reviews, even if they are older. When I work on that I will also try to connect the page more explicitly to the personals and show a list of ads for that city, area, country, or whatever is applicable.

All of the site software and appearance, especially with respect to mobile devices, is several years behind on software updates, since some time before Keith passed in 2012.

I've been in touch the the third-party developers who provided the main software for the Listings and the Personals which I installed for Keith and integrated with the Message Board software I had previously installed for him. A large upgrade awaits, although my daily tasks and responsibilities, as as budget/financial issues, prevent me doing it or having it done right now. It's a matter of know what to do but also knowing other priorities come first.
Quote |