Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Risk, In Sex And In Life In General
View Single Post
Old 21st November 2015, 10:37 AM
jonn3
Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by KewlDewd66 View Post
Speaking for myself alone, I consciously choose to do everything I can do within the reason to reduce the risks involved with my daily living more as a matter of personal attitude than as a result of rational and numerical analysis of the probabilities involved. I believe in doing my best and utmost within the reason, and leaving the rest that I cannot affect to their own devices.
When reading posts on this and other websites it is the "within reason" that I find so interesting because it varies so much from person to person.

You see posts from people that will still bareback with guys they just met as long as he says he has been tested....

You also see posts from guys that will not suck a cock without a condom...

It is the finding the balance between safety and still having fun -

I was in college when AIDS began being public knowledge - and it scared the hell out of me. At a time when I thought I would be fooling around non-stop I pretty much shut down except when back home with a few guys I had known for years and felt safe with.

You have to remember when AIDS first hit the news it was "gay sex causes AIDS" - at first they did not even talk about condoms or anal sex - it was just gay sex that was the culprit.

I missed out on a lot of fun - and it probably helped cement the closet door shut for me - but basically I considered no risk to be "within reason".

These days I am more relaxed but still cautious.

But I see posts from some younger people that are gay and out - but yet have never had sex at all -and I worry for them about their threshold of "within reason" and all they are missing out on.

In this world we live in today there is risk in everything - it is balancing the risk with having a life that is such a challenge.
Quote |