Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Risk, In Sex And In Life In General
View Single Post
Old 23rd November 2015, 11:22 AM
infopop
Bob S: Administrator / Manager / Editor

Speaking only for me, these days I have so little free time. Either I'm working as a caregiver or working on work or working with our pets and household needs. I'm preoccupied and (not to whine, I'm grateful for many things) I don't have the energy, emotion, or time to play anymore, not sexually or otherwise.

From the beginning of being sexually active years ago I always assumed any guy I was with had a good chance of being positive, regardless of what they said or didn't say. This is still true, and the men I'm most attracted to are close to my age. Many are long-term HIV survivors. Although I'm HIV-, many men that I know or would be likely to meet make the same assumption I do. It often goes unsaid, each of us having made it this far knowing we are responsible for our own choices.

If my personal circumstances were different, I would ask my doctor to prescribe Truvada for me and then I'd go out and play. For me, today at least, that's unneeded. PrEP gives us new risk management options. For me, that would be a good choice. I take my meds - even the osteoporosis one! - and do what I know I must do.

Clearly people with different life circumstances may have different habits, make different choices, or fail to follow through on the choices they intend.

I don't tell people what to do, simply urge them to educate themselves and decide, with honesty and self-assessment, to make choices that will work for them and be respectful and thoughtful toward others. I also know that each of us must be prepared for the possibility that the other guy or guys don't do this, or that their actions - chosen or by circumstance - aren't the same as mine.

All for now. I write too much, must move on to other things.

~ Bob
Quote |