Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Locker Rooms Now and Then...
View Single Post
Old 14th December 2015, 10:57 AM
jonn3
Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by pike View Post
Increasing personal privacy has been a long term trend; it didn't start when we were young.
It seems that the requirement for personal privacy has really grown in the last generation or so.

When I was young it was very common for siblings to share bedrooms and there was no thought about changing in front of each other. Morning wood and puberty were just a part of life.

And as teens games like truth or dare and strip poker were fairly common and not just with gay guys but with ones that at least appeared to be totally straight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pike View Post
My father was the youngest of a large family & had much older siblings. We would sometimes visit the farm of his oldest sibling who had a lot of children but never made it into the modern age in the bathroom department. They had an outhouse...a 3 seat outhouse!

Now taking a crap right next to 2 other people would really freak me out but it was something that people back then were used to.

I was never a fan of taking a dump when others were around - but in the dorms and places there would be multiple stalls - not quite as exposed as a 3 seat outhouse - but guys would just go in and keep on chatting while they went.

As for the rest of the bathroom it was fair game - some would be in underwear - some in shorts - some in nothing as they shaved - showered and got ready for the day.

Now from what I understand most of the open bathrooms in dorms and things have been done away with in favor of smaller more private facilities - and when you talk with younger guys even with buddies they would change in the bathroom rather than in front of each other.
Quote |