Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - "Mattering" in Str8 & Gay Men
View Single Post
Old 30th December 2015, 11:01 AM
jonn3
Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by KewlDewd66 View Post
I am largely very happy about the "normalization".

First off, very few people can now be possibly held hostage to their sexual orientation. Outing someone used to be a major disaster for a few folks in those days. Much of this is now clearly simply a history.

This is a major change and improvement for young people. When I was a kid getting caught or outed would have been a life changing event. You hear about guys whose families disowned them or sent them into therapy when they found out.

Although getting forced out would still be embarrassing it would no longer be the "end all" it was to many younger guys in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KewlDewd66 View Post
On a very personal level, I continue to choose to view my sexuality as a very private matter. I am out to a few people, but I do not wear my sexuality on my sleeve.

That is much the same for me. Sex, gay sex is something I do - it is not who I am. I don't feel a "gay identity" - I am me. Take it or leave it.
Quote |