Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - So The Zika Virus Can Be An STD...
View Single Post
Old 5th February 2016, 05:26 PM
infopop
Bob S: Administrator / Manager / Editor

Since I posted earlier, I learned that the CDC has issued Interim Guidelines for Prevention of Sexual Transmission of Zika Virus. They cite 3 cases of sexual transmission of Zika, with the Dallas case actually the second.

The CDC has specific recommendations for men who have sexual partners who are pregnant and who live in or traveled to areas of active Zika transmission. Essentially, they say to abstain from sex or else use condoms for the duration of the pregnancy. The focus thus seems to be on the risk of microcephaly.

For similar men with non-pregnant sexual partners, the CDC says those "who are concerned about sexual transmission of Zika virus might consider abstaining from sexual activity or using condoms consistently and correctly during sex. Couples considering this personal decision should take several factors into account. Most infections are asymptomatic, and when illness does occur, it is usually mild with symptoms lasting from several days to a week; severe disease requiring hospitalization is uncommon."

Considering that barebacking is very common among men who have sex with men {regardless of what name or label you use for your identity, if you do) and also that I'll be posting several bareback video clips on the CFS Home Page this weekend, Zika - and whatever it means for us - is worth mentioning.

I'm sorry don't have time right now to discuss the other very well known risks associated with barebacking, not just HIV but other diseases.

At some point, we can return to that in today's context, but this particular discussion should be for Zika specifically.

Thanks all ~ Bob S. Manager/Editor
Quote |