Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - So The Zika Virus Can Be An STD...
View Single Post
Old 9th March 2016, 01:06 PM
infopop
Bob S: Administrator / Manager / Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonn3 View Post
Thanks for posting that for all of us. I'd seen the news yesterday evening but this week I've been even more pressed for time than ever.

I'm not excerpting anything right now; you can read (or watch) the links:

This is what I saw last night: CDC: Puerto Rico Will Be Ground Zero for Zika Outbreak in U.S. - NBC News

WHO statement: WHO | WHO Director-General addresses media after Zika Emergency Committee

CDC current travel advisory includes Latin American countries, Puerto Rico, and the Cape Verde Islands near Africa: Zika Travel Information | Travelers' Health | CDC

IBT discusses Zika possibilities in Taiwan, Hainan, and mentions southern mainland provinces of China: Zika Virus Update: Taiwan, China’s Hainan Province May See Zika Spread With Mosquito Season Starting, Scientist Says

LA Times discusses climate change and Zika and possibilities of mosquito-borne transmission in the US: Could climate change be the culprit in spread of Zika virus? - LA Times

I actually do expect at least a few mosquito-borne cases here in Texas and other Gulf Coast areas since Dengue Fever had been identified in mosquitoes here in Greater Houston in 2013. Chikungunya was also seen here in 2014 and even as far inland from the Gulf as the Austin and Dallas areas last year. And of course, that would impact Zika's sexual transmission or blood transfusion or...
Quote |