Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Will we ever know what percentage are really gay?
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2016, 11:04 AM
jonn3
Cruiser

Will we ever know what percentage are really gay?

I was clicking around on the Internet and came accross this report from the "Centers for Disease Control and Prevention" on the percentage of gays.

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nhsr/nhsr077.pdf

The basic findings are:

Quote:
Based on the 2013 NHIS data [collected in 2013 from 34,557 adults aged 18 and over], 96.6% of adults identified as straight, 1.6% identified as gay or lesbian, and 0.7% identified as bisexual. The remaining 1.1% of adults identified as “something else[]" [0.2%,] stated “I don’t know the answer[]" [0.4%] or refused to provide an answer [0.6%].
I know a huge percentage of people lie on surveys like this - I know I have in the past - but that percentage seems low - especially the 0.7% that report as bisexual.

It seems like in every family / extended family there is at least one member who is gay (or as we used to say - a bachelor Uncle).

If it truly was only 1.6% I don't think gay rights would not have gained any support or the attention it has.
Quote |