Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Orlando: What Does It Mean? What Do We Do?
View Single Post
Old 15th June 2016, 09:44 PM
infopop
Bob S: Administrator / Manager / Editor

I'm running extremely late today/tonight due to issues involved with getting my ex admitted to the hospital and settled (for at least a while, I hope) after a series of falls. I won't go into all that.

I see that more facts or factoids are revealed each day. Yesterday the shooter may have been a closeted man struggling with his sexuality, or maybe was scoping out targets, or both. He certainly had "anger issues." Today reveals Islamist extremist materials on his phone. Who knows what tomorrow will bring?

It is scary. But we can be stronger than the fear.

Our local news reports that someone tweeted a threat about a mass shooting at Houston's LGBT Pride later this month. Most likely it's a fake to shake us all up more at a time when we're already emotional and frightened. Some people think this sort of thing is funny. And some really mean it. The FBI is investigating this.

I actually haven't been able to attend Pride since 2012 due to the medical conditions of my now-ex-partner. I hope I can go this year and show that I have some backbone.

I refuse to let fear keep me from public gatherings. And I defy those who target LGBT people.
Quote |