Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Study: Teens Having Less Sex
View Single Post
Old 22nd June 2016, 11:13 AM
jonn3
Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by infopop View Post
Beth Mattey, President of the National Association of School Nurses "suggested a factor may be how much more common it is for teens to openly discuss sex and sexual orientation." Although she also mentioned educating kids to have more self-respect and self-esteem, it seems to me the barrage of bullying and cyberbullying you hear about undermines that for some.
The fact it is more common for teens to talk about sex and orientation is something I would think would make it easier to be sexually active - especially for gay and bisexual teens.

When I grew up even if you thought someone might be into it you never knew for sure - and if you dared make that first step it was always a risk that he could say no and either no longer be your friend or worse - out you.

By knowing someone was into guys that is a much better starting point. Even if he was not into you at least there would have been much less of a risk he would turn on you or expose you.

I also find it funny that people automatically feel that "more self-respect and self-esteem" means someone is less likely to have sex. True they are less likely to be pressured or manipulated into it - but these studies always make it sound like if you have self-respect you are a virgin.
Quote |