Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Study: Teens Having Less Sex
View Single Post
Old 24th June 2016, 10:49 AM
infopop
Bob S: Administrator / Manager / Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonn3 View Post
The fact it is more common for teens to talk about sex and orientation is something I would think would make it easier to be sexually active - especially for gay and bisexual teens.
Agreed! Remember Salt-N-Pepa's Let's Talk About Sex? On the other hand, quality matters:
Quote:
Yo, Pep, I don't think they're gonna play this on the radio
And why not? Everybody have sex
I mean, everybody should be makin' love
Come on, how many guys you know make love?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonn3
I also find it funny that people automatically feel that "more self-respect and self-esteem" means someone is less likely to have sex. True they are less likely to be pressured or manipulated into it - but these studies always make it sound like if you have self-respect you are a virgin.
Me too! It was only by gaining self-respect and self-esteem in my early 20s that I felt confident enough to claim the gay identity I knew I had, including having sex. Before that, I was isolated and afraid.

Maybe back in the 70s and 80s a gay identity was more associated with one's sexual self. Now it's a larger cultural phenomenon.
Quote |