Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - "The Address Book" And Bob Damron
View Single Post
Old 2nd November 2016, 03:23 PM
infopop
Bob S: Administrator / Manager / Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonn3 View Post
Not familiar with it as it was before my time.

The earliest "address book" I remember was the men's room stall wall in the downstairs of an old mall where I grew up ;-)
Jonn, I think you and I are actually almost the same age. I think I found it in a bar or gay bookstore in Austin when I was going to college. If not that, I might have ordered it from an ad in the Advocate. Or it might even have been in B.Dalton in the mall. They had Blueboy and Honcho magazines back then, right next to Playboy, Penthouse, and Hustler.

Lots of things in the Advocate, too. I connected with a guy in San Francisco through their Pink Pages and went out to spend Spring Break with him one year. My first broken heart, I was so young and naive. Seems funny now.

I had always been so shy and introverted that I didn't really "put myself out there" in person till years later. It wasn't from a need to be closeted or a moral conflict; I was one of those oddballs who had to resolve all that before acting on my feelings. It was simply a deep sense of reserve that probably gave guys a sense I was unapproachable.

It got better when I started wearing tighter clothing that showed a bulging basket!

And oh, when I got into the leather world I did the hanky code, too. Just the other day I was dining with some friends and one mentioned his hanky always went on the left side because his wallet was on the right! Same for me, too!

No wonder people found me hard to read and got confused, since along with the "equipment" they've constantly expected me to be a top without asking or thinking about what I want.

That's gonna change now...
Quote |