Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - President Trump and gay marriage...
View Single Post
Old 10th November 2016, 09:41 AM
jonn3
Cruiser

President Trump and gay marriage...

So now Donald Trump is going to be president of the United States.

Although Hillary was a very flawed candidate, she certainly would have been more accepting of the gay community. Not that I think it is a big deal to the Donald, but his vice president Pence is strictly hard line on social "moral" issues.

Their appointees to the Supreme Court will clearly be anti-abortion, anti-gay marriage and in favor of a "Christian's" right to refuse service to gay couples.

What I am wondering is will they attempt to return to the individual states the ability to say marriage is between one man and one women? We could then end up with a total mess as some states recognize gay marriage and others do not.

Trump will get to appoint at least one and based on the ages of the liberal justices probably 2 or 3 Supreme Court judges - which could make the court socially conservative for a generation.

At this point there is little we can do other than wonder and speculate - but I was curious what others thoughts are - now that gay marriage has been legal can they "put the genie back in the bottle" and make it illegal again?
Quote |