Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - President Trump and gay marriage...
View Single Post
Old 10th November 2016, 11:12 PM
KewlDewd66
Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainnut View Post
Where do you get the idea that gay rights are more important that religious rights?
Forcing individuals to do something against their will should be an anathema to the gay community.
The Constitution of the United States spells out what the government can't do, not what the people can do. We have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. If you want a gay wedding cake and someone won't bake it for you, tough. Find someone else. We need to respect other peoples opinions and feeling first if we want them to respect ours.
I grow weary about the alleged hardships endured by gay people, the slurs, sideways glances etc. Try living in Saudi Arabia and tell me how that works out. Frankly, most people don't care and aren't interested in your private life. Do what you do, be with whom you wish and pray the government stays out of your business, all our business. The minute you engage the government to mediate in your private business matters they will continue to do so even when you don't want them there. To wit, the election of President Trump. I seem to recall a supporter of our lame duck president saying something about "chickens coming home to roost".
Well gay America, you asked for the government to interfere, don't cry about it now.
You have pointed out a few very valid issues.

Yet, the most essential function of the government is to regulate the public sphere.

And every government will do it as much as they possibly can. It is their very raison d'etre.

It is up to me to befriend or not whites, blacks, Asians, LGBT of straight people on a private level and spend my time and money with them under the conditions of reciprocal consent. Our private life is our private business. Relatively very few governments get involved it telling people living under their jurisdictions whom to be friends with/spend their time together with, socialize with etc.

Once I open a bakery and start serving general public, I submit myself to a very different set of laws and regulations that are very likely to prevent me from discriminating against my potential clients and customers. This is where every known government steps in on one way or the other and does it very BIG TIME!

KD
Quote |