Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - President Trump and gay marriage...
View Single Post
Old 11th November 2016, 10:14 AM
jonn3
Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainnut View Post
Where do you get the idea that gay rights are more important that religious rights?
In no way do I believe gay rights are more important than religious or any other rights.

However as KewlDewd66 points out - if you are going to be in a position of working with the public you should not let your personal views be your guide.

Should the government do nothing if a business says they are not going to serve Blacks? Or Hispanics? Say instead of 2 gays wanting a wedding cake it was a mixed race couple and since the baker believes people should only marry in their same race they refuse them service?

Personally I agree with you - if I wanted a gay wedding cake I would not want to support a bakery that was against gay marriage - but that does not mean the bakery should have the right to say "We are good Christians - we will not sell cakes to Jews" or any other group.

Everyone has the right to believe whatever they want - but it is the job of the government to make sure that a persons individual bias does not allow them to treat any group as second class citizens.
Quote |