Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Acceptable Risk: The Cock Edition
View Single Post
Old 23rd March 2017, 05:50 PM
infopop
Bob S: Administrator / Manager / Editor

I will add here that although I'm only 55, I have osteoporosis. This is, of course, the brittle bone condition that usually comes only in old age. In my case, the doctor who treated me said the primary cause was multiple steriod injections in my lower spine over several years to treat sciatica.

What does this have to do with PrEP?

My primary care doctor told me I should not take Kaletra because it is associated with bone loss conditions including osteopenia and osteoporosis. He did give me a prescription for Kaletra for PEP (post-exposure prohylaxis). Since Kaletra is the only drug approved for PrEP, this may be an issue for some.

Having said that much, I'll explain further. My own life these last few years has been in such tumult that sex has been on the back burner, more or less theoretical than actual. Too many issues, too little time, too much stress, etc. Now I'm dealing with glaucoma and quite severe cataracts. Precocious once again, my eye doctor says I'm "young with old person eyes." So, I can no longer drive at night. It's getting worse daily, and I hope to have surgery sooner rather than later. I digress.

However, I ended my co-dependent relationship, I'm about to sell my too-big house, and I've moved into the city. When I can see again, unless someone wants to play in the dark, and I feel ready - not before - I expect to resume the same practices I did in the 90s, before all the "cocktail" drugs.

That means not necessarily lots of men or lots of sex, but instead seeking out the best possible experiences. Back then as well as now, I'd already been around the block and had at least a taste of most things in gay sex, so for me it's best to explore more deeply the type of men and experiences where something more powerful and moving could happen, even if just for a few minutes, an hour, a night, or whatever.

As for risk, for me it's case by case and never a rule of one thing for all experiences, men, or situations.

To be clear, I don't advise this for anyone else. It's just what has worked best for me since I came out in the 80s, just as the HIV/AIDS era was beginning.

As always, I urge people to educate themselves and make informed, knowledgeable choices. Also, don't get swept away in the moment (or under the influence of whatever) and do something other than what you have chosen. You always have the right to say yes or to say no.
Quote |