Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - New Forum: Cruising History
View Single Post
Old 19th April 2017, 04:41 PM
infopop
Bob S: Administrator / Manager / Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonn3 View Post
I like the idea of "Cruising History" - with the Internet things have changed so much in just a few years... the next generation may have no idea what it is like to cruise in person rather than on their phone!
I remarked to a friend the other day (in not quite these words) that the ratio of time spent in endless looking and endless chat vs. actually hooking up with a guy has increased vastly.

When you have thousands of choices at your fingertips, depending on the App and your filters, you still have an embarrassment of riches. It's like dashing into the grocery for cereal and seeing fifty varieties on the same aisle. If you're choosy - maybe more guys on Apps aren't? I don't know - it can be hard to find the one you're looking for.

Even in a bar back then, so much easier to scan the room for the body language, the face, the look in the eyes and you knew your target by how he responded. Same thing in a park or a beach, some you'd approach (or vice versa), others pass up.

I sound old. Please don't tell me I'm about to say, "Get off my lawn!" I don't even have a lawn anymore, so that would be a metaphor.

Regardless, it's so important to remember our collective and individual history before all the men who lived it are gone. Keith had a huge role both collecting history - he may not have seen it that way - and even more in living it!

Thus, we still are here on CFS.

~ Bob S.
Quote |