Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - VICE: "Photos from New York’s Post-Stonewall, Pre-AIDS Cruising Scene"
View Single Post
Old 19th July 2017, 11:06 AM
jonn3
Cruiser

The "casualness" these pictures show would have been amazing to have lived though.

As a kid in health class they talked about STD's - but they were all curable (as far as we knew).

I clearly remember one buddy saying "It's safer with a guy - no chance of anyone getting pregnant" because at that age that was the message we got from the adults - DON'T HAVE KIDS!

But as I was getting ready to go to college you started to hear more and more about "gay cancer" and eventually it was named AIDS. It was a real curve ball - right at the age I was trying to grapple with the fact that I was not "outgrowing" my interest in guys like I thought I would suddenly being gay could kill you.

It was a quick step back in the closet and lock the door! But I would hear about places where strangers would meet and just go for it - bathhouses where people would just walk around naked and have sex not even knowing each others names - a very weird concept but also exciting!

Society by making gay sex so forbidden it was easier to have an anonymous no strings hook up that try and forge a relationship.

Funny how a time when you could have been shunned by family and society - could have been fired - could have been arrested - now looks carefree and simple!
Quote |