Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Georgia Voice on Flex Atlanta
View Single Post
Old 2nd November 2017, 11:16 AM
jonn3
Cruiser

I can not offer much of an opinion - having never been to the baths. I wanted to and thought about it - very tempted - but always chickened out afraid of someone I knew finding out and very cautious from having grown up in the days of AIDS.

Two parts of the article I found interesting...

Quote:
Public bathhouses originally operated in major cities to promote hygiene among poorer populations, but as indoor plumbing became universal, the venues transitioned into cruising houses for gay men.
I never really thought about the fact that bath houses opened as BATH houses! It does not really make a difference - but I find it an interesting bit of trivia.

The other part I found interesting was comparing it to Prohibition - in both cases an illegal activity - but also one that in the majority of places the law turned a blind eye to.

Interesting article - thanks for posting it.
Quote |