Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Now that Craigslist sex ads are history ...
View Single Post
Old 18th June 2018, 09:02 AM
infopop    Online Now 
Bob S: Administrator / Manager / Editor

Thanks!

The first step was rehosting the site, which was mostly completed in April. There's a couple loose ends I still need to tie up from that. Rehosting has made CFS run a bit faster and not crash as often. It's also less expensive too.

One loose end is finishing the installation of new Newsletter software. CFS needs to send at least monthly emails out to people about the site and reminding them to come back and post here.

For advertising, I already have one deal set up that's just waiting for me (or a volunteer, perhaps?) to create banner ads for CFS to display on the other site. I may also start using Google Ads again, but carefully and setting a budget. Using Google Ads, I'd have to study what other sites in this market do (i.e., Squirt, moreso than the hookup Apps).

I can say we are already seeing more traffic than we did before Craigslist Personals shut down. Income is up, and that's great because CFS had been losing a lot of money.

There's additional plans to upgrade the site, make it mobile-friendly, etc., that I've had to keep putting off because of more immediate business and personal needs. Hoping those will all be sorted out soon.

Bob S. ~ Manager/Editor
Quote |