Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Will your local ABS survive this shut down?
View Single Post
Old 11th December 2020, 08:47 PM
lonewoof
Cruiser

jonn3: good point about cameras. Our theaters do not have them. There are signs in the hallway and entryway that say "all areas except bathrooms are monitored by video surveillance and Romantix security". For one thing, there's no security. There's usually a single employee on duty at any given time, sometimes 2 during the day at most, and that might include the janitor. There's no security position. There's also no cameras in the theaters. There's cameras in the hallways, like a lot of bookstores, but none in the theaters. I know this for a fact.

With that said, there's stores that do have cameras in theaters. Some use it as a vandalism deterrent only and don't care if people are having sex. Others use them to stop sexual activity. I've never known of hidden cameras though. I'm sure they exist but they're not the norm. Most cameras are visible if you stop and look for them. Most places even tell you video surveillance is in use, it's just not clear exactly where, so look around.

Like any bookstore, and especially ones you're new to, don't just jump in with reckless abandon with sexual activity. Look around, watch others, get the feel of the place and the lay of the land. Personally I've been to some stores where I've not had the best feeling either because of the way one or more people were acting, (or not acting) only to return later to find a totally different vibe. Others where I'm familiar with and know the attitude of the staff, I'll jump right in if I see something I'm interested in. Once you know the attitude of the store towards sexual activity, you can be a lot more comfortable. Just take the time to figure out what that attitude is. Personally I've wandered halls with a hard-on in front of the cameras, or played in theaters with cameras--once I was sure that it as A-OK. Other times...not at all. This isn't the easiest thing to gauge, I'll admit. Sometimes even at our own theaters, this can vary depending on who's working. I've seen some clerks kick people out for fucking, and others just walk on by and pretend they didn't see a thing. Some will stop and watch for a bit, then go on about their duties.

Every place is different with regards to cameras, sexual activity, and the attitude of each staff member. Oddly, I've seen a lot of straight male clerks that had less problems with guys getting it on back in the booths or theaters than their female or gay male clerk counterparts so it's impossible to generalize.
Quote |