Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Will your local ABS survive this shut down?
View Single Post
Old 12th May 2021, 02:50 PM
lonewoof
Cruiser

That's a stiff price for 3 hours, jonn3, I hear ya! I'm hearing of other places that are using the re-opening as a way to modify pricing--some good, some bad, some indifferent. A couple of the places I frequented in Wichita did that. One kept the daily admission the way it was but added weekly, monthly, and 3/6/12 month pricing structures (if you want to lay out $900 up front for an unlimited use year-long pass). Another instituted a $5/month membership fee in addition to it's entry fee which means the first visit after every 30 days (roughly) means an additional $5 that one time, which is an additional $60 out of pocket a year for those going every month or more. For me, the occasional visitor, it means that I have to basically pay $13 instead of $8 when I go since I'm rarely in town more than once a month. I'm hearing of another theater that went from $10/day with all-day return privileges to $15 a day with no returns allowed.

I have to wonder if this isn't a last-ditch effort for some places to make money before doing away with it all together. Our Romantix has closed the theaters as I wrote above, but I'm hearing that there are at least 2 in Iowa that closed the arcades just from lack of use and the need for a larger retail sales area. The current generation is way less keen on hookup places like this than my generation, who needed them back in the 70s and 80s when things weren't as open as they are now, and online...well that wasn't even a word yet. I hope yours does get to stay open, but I feel your pain on that pricing.
Quote |