Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Will your local ABS survive this shut down?
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2021, 02:08 PM
jonn3
Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewoof View Post
I have to wonder if this isn't a last-ditch effort for some places to make money before doing away with it all together. Our Romantix has closed the theaters as I wrote above, but I'm hearing that there are at least 2 in Iowa that closed the arcades just from lack of use and the need for a larger retail sales area. The current generation is way less keen on hookup places like this than my generation, who needed them back in the 70s and 80s when things weren't as open as they are now, and online...

Unfortunately I think you are right about it being another step towards extinction.

I hear one of our Romantix has closed the arcade - not to expand the retail - just now a smaller store. But I am sure part of that is the rising rents as the area it is in becomes more trendy.

I know the new generation do everything on their phone - but somehow I don't like the idea of downloading some of the apps and telling Apple "I suck cock" (like they or my credit card would care - but in my paranoia they would be sitting in the back room snickering about it)

I guess maybe if I change the apps name and icon - but I am from the same generation where I don't feel comfortable being open and out...
Quote |