Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Pattaya, best location to stay
View Single Post
Old 31st August 2002, 02:23 AM
ahandsomegwn
Cruiser

No to the Icon!

If there is a bad hotel anywhere its the Icon in Pattaya...PLEASE I have tried it twice and never again. The rooms are dark and gloomy...the beds have the cheapest mattresses available anywhere, the pillows are made of rocks...AND they charge almost as much as the better 4 star hotels!! There is no real atmosphere or place to hang around comfortably when wanting a drink or coffee and the restaurant is awful. The Brit who manages Icon has a perpetual cigarette in his mouth, a nice enough guy, but apparantly has absolutely no experience in the hotel business and seems to be dissinterested : to wit the very dirty reception area and the crap service. I just cannot see how anyone could go there.

Its run in part by the super guy who owns and manages the Sphynx on Soi 4...is a tight ship with moderately good but expensive food and drinks...but its well run whatever other comments one might want to make! So why doesn't he transfer his rather sweet and portly self to Pattaya for a while and whip that place into shape.... thats the mystery to me, as its loosing money I gather hand over first!!