Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Promoting Censorship
View Single Post
Old 8th January 2001, 12:09 PM

I asked someone in the police bureau about this new "police presence" at the Eagle, as it's being called. I was told that the bar itself asked the police to do occasional walk throughs. As I've stated on here before, the police do regular walk throughs of the bars on Stark St. This isn't a way of them trying to crack down on gay activity. It's a way of trying to establish a rapport with the community on Stark Street and making a presence felt to try and prevent violence/harrassment against gay people in the area. I think the people who claim it's the new owner who is responsible for the new attitude at the Eagle, are correct. They've added a stage area where they are planning on having strippers and they've taken down the bars upstairs and put in a faux fireplace. This isn't the result of the police doing a walk through of the bar. I was there on Saturday evening, and walked into the restroom. Someone else was in there already and within about 30 seconds the bartender walked over to the door and screamed "I don't have time to babysit you people." This barteneder has seen me in there many times and knows I come in drink a beer or two and leave. I've never given any reason to make him think I'm all the sudden having sex in the bathroom, so obviously they employees have been told to crack down on any potential behavior going on.