Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Safe Group Sex and Barebacking?
View Single Post
Old 13th March 2001, 05:03 PM

And I stand corrected concerning your HIV status, my apology for misinterpreting that. I understand how some men do lie in order to get bareback sex with other guys -- it's unfortunate that they would do so...but I believe much of this has to do with the more conservative atmosphere which has evolved among gay and bisexual men. There appears to be less compassionate advice and understanding and more condemnation and "hateful" discourse towards men who prefer raw sex vs. condom use. What continues to amaze me is how heterosexuals continue to bareback without the same type of scorn and condemnation from their communities. Raw sex happens...and it's more widespread than some of us would like to know. As for me "deluding" myself, I have not: Does everything have to be so absolute, especially when it comes to being either negative or positive? There are many men who are absolutely negative and not in danger of contracting HIV...they test themselves as often as you, why would you NOT allow them the opportunity to bareback with similar men who HAVE BEEN ABSOLUTELY TRUTHFUL? I'm sorry that you run into guys who have not been sincere...but there are lots of other men who practice truthfulness here. Yes, we're all living in a very uncertain time...but we must also allow a variety of options, just as birth control forces on both sides have learned that lack of choices will defeat the purpose of prevention. That's what I'm trying to convey here: I may not necessarily condone widespread barebacking...but I don't live in a vacuum either! If straight society can treat heterosexuals as adults and allow them to choose sexual options from a wide list, then we gay and bisexual men should be allowed to the same!