Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 215

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/public_html/bb/showpost.php on line 220
CRUISING for SEX - View Single Post - Safe Group Sex and Barebacking?
View Single Post
Old 14th March 2001, 11:42 AM

And it's precisely those type of comments and attitudes which will do more harm than good in terms of prevention and education. We must be careful not to underestimate other gay and bisexual men's intelligence and abilities...and I got the impression from your last post that you view most of us as not intelligent enough to make our own choices based on the information presented to us. Compassion and understanding should begin LONG before the problem erupts...that's one reason why the U.S. can't seem to get a grip on the huge drug problem or high crime rates in certain areas. Extending our compassion and understanding after someone has contracted HIV is wonderful, but we should extend such behavior to everyone, not just the infected! Until some activists and proponents realize that, any prevention efforts will be futile. As someone close to me once said, "Don't send flowers to my funeral, I want them delivered while I'm still alive." This same kind of theory holds true elsewhere: Compassion and understanding begins from Day One....

[This message has been edited by blackguy469 (edited March 14, 2001).]